Today's project, in between parent teacher conferences, was to clean out the crayon bin (exciting I know, really the kids had dumped them all over the floor, so we had to pick them up anyway). After removing all of the broken ones, and the girls and I spending about half an hour peeling off the paper, we sorted them into colors and put them in the cupcake pan. We then heated them up and made new circle crayons. I had seen this in some magazine somewhere a long time ago, and I finally got the energy to try it. It worked pretty well I have to say, and is much better than the stash of bits that they were before. The kids are very excited to get to try them out tomorrow.
5 comments:
How pretty! And clever!
Too ambitious for me. Good job, though.
Did you have to spray the muffin cups? Or do they just pop out because they are waxy?
Great idea Heidi!
I have done that.
Yes I sprayed the tin first. Just thought it might be a good idea, but I'm sure the wax would be enough too.
Post a Comment