Thanksgiving 2009 has come and gone, and it was another lovely day. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays, maybe because I've never had to make the full meal on that day. I just really enjoy the fact that there is not a lot of hoopla over it, and you get to enjoy the day for what it is. You don't have to worry about 20 parties you are supposed to be at, and the kids don't get all loaded down in sugar and craziness. It is a nice relaxing day usually spent with family and friends... now that is something to be thankful for.
That being said, we are gearing up for the Christmas season now... we have the house mostly decorated, and the kids did a fabulous job of helping this year. They each picked their favorite ornaments out of the box and decorated the family room tree. Quinn was anxious to get out the Frosty train, and give it a run. Once that was done, it was time to sit down for a little while, and while Scott and Avery were at the hockey game, I thought the other two kids were upstairs sleeping. I should know that when it is that quiet there is something up. Well when Scott got home and went upstairs to give the kids a hug, he discovered that they had not been sleeping, but hard at work decorating the tree that I had placed at the top of the stairs. I hadn't decided what to do with that tree yet, but they thought that it would look pretty good to decorate it with all of their stuffed animals. Quinn even left us a note that said, "Dear Dad & Mom, Can you put Roodolf the red nose rain dear on top of the cristmas tree?" From Quinn. It was pretty cute, and I am thankful I don't have to worry about decorating that tree now.
3 comments:
Thanks for sharing Quinn's note word for word. Will your house be on the tour this year?
Heidi -- I love their tree decorating idea...so creative and a great memory for them I'm sure!
In the first picture, Quinn says "I think this milk has turned".
Post a Comment