Monday, February 27, 2012

Math Men

Quinn's math has reached a point where it is challenging for me to help him.  Not to say that I can't do 4th grade math, but I certainly am not the greatest at trying to teach it.  So Scott has been helping him work on his homework and studying, and it is paying off big time! Quinn certainly gets less frustrated and tries much harder to get the answers right when Dad is helping him.  They studied last week, and Quinn got an A on his test, he was SO EXCITED to come home and tell his Dad (and everyone else who was interested) that he got an A.  I am glad that I am no good at Math (sounds strange right), and that Scott is, it's good for them. They worked hard on homework tonight, and it was very cute, Quinn had his arm around Scott and they were working the numbers.  I didn't get a chance to grab my camera (and if I would have they probably would have stopped concentrating), so I don't have a picture, but I wanted to write it down to remember.  So there we go.  My "Math Men".

2 comments:

Liz said...

I teach 4th grade math. What is he studying?

Heidi said...

They are studying perimeter and area. The program we use here is Everyday Math. I don't like it much, it's a spiraling program so they touch on lots of ways to do things but never really seem to master anything. Kind of frustrating if you have a kid who isn't great at math.