Poor Smudge. She fell (climbed and then fell) out of her crib last week while Q & A and I were at Grammy and Grampy's (she didn't like being in her room alone). Anyway, Scott said he ran up there to grab her after hearing the thump, and she cried for about 10 minutes. He said he checked her out up and down and she didn't seem to fuss after she calmed down, so we thought everything was a ok. The next day she seemed to be favoring her left arm a little bit, but she was still using it and climbing up stuff etc. etc. etc. so we thought she must have just strained it as it wasn't swollen. I decided to just watch and see how she did, and she seemed to do ok with it until this weekend when we were up north we noticed that she would fuss a little more than usual if you were leading her around with that arm. So I took her in and sure enough, she had a broken arm! I feel really bad leaving her for a week and not doing anything for her. Scotts Dad came over last night and he was teasing us and knocking on the door saying, "Social Services!" Sheesh the guilt!Anyway, after a long day at the pediatrican, the x-ray tech's, and the orthopedist putting a cast on, she doesn't seem to be bothered. We got stopped by more than a few people at the mall today feeling pity for her. One older lady stopped us and wanted to sign her cast! Quinn no longer holds the record for the only one of the McClellands being calamity prone I guess.
2 comments:
aaawwwhhhh. What a trooper. I remember when Mike broke his arm, I took him to Seaway, they xrayed it and said it wasn't broke, so I sent him to school the next day, then they called back and said it actually was broke. Parenting isn't for whimps. Is her cast a pretty color?
Yes, it's red. The nurse brought in the samples and was asking her which color she wanted, since she didn't seem to care, and wanted more to do with the sucker they were giving her, I picked red, still girly, but won't get as dirty as pink.
Post a Comment