Thursday, July 03, 2008

Vacation Number 1





I'll need a vacation from my vacation when I get back. We have been here there and everywhere and are now in Bay City for the McClelland Family reunion. We started our trip with a visit to Uncle Andys and Aunt Christies on Friday. We unfortunately didn't get much time to visit with Uncle Andy, as we got stuck in traffic and Quinn had to pee about 60 times along the way (ok, so that is a little exaggerated). Any way we got there, had some fun visiting and playing with Winston before heading to bed. Andy was gone before we got up, but we had a nice time visiting with Christie. After breakfast it was off to Onekama to stay with Aunt Mary, Uncle Mark and Matt. We had fun even though the weather was a little cold. The kids played on the beach, we headed to Frankfort one day and played on the dunes, and made a visit to Point Betsie. Scott did a fantastic job cooking our meals, we saw some great sunsets, and Scott and I got the chance to tool around Bear Lake and drive some golf balls thanks to Aunt Mary and Uncle Mark. I know we did lots of other stuff, but my memory is foggy on me right now.



Since we've been in Bay City we have... had some great meals, been to the beach and the splash park, gotten a manicure and pedicure (now that is vacation!), been golfing, been to see WALL-E, been to the Bay City Fireworks festival, made crafts, got new tires on the van, and tonight we were supposed to go see the Midland Loons play baseball with a fireworks show afterwards, but since they got rained out last night and tonight now would be a double header we have decided to stay home and watch fireworks out behind Scott's Dad's house. Whew! Just writing that has made me tired. Tomorrow is the official family reunion, and Grandpa and Grandma have got a fleet of pools, bouncy things and various other toys out to play with!

2 comments:

andrew! said...

Those are some great pictures...

Mrs. Patterson said...

I'm ready for a rest now that I've read about all your fun. Kaleigh looks too old to be your baby.