Thursday, March 16, 2006

Great Expectations & Simple Pleasures


Today was a day of Simple Pleasures and Great Expectations. The girls and I went to Target today while Quinn was at school. We had quite a nice time, we actually got to browse the entire store with no fighting or whining! I haven't had that happen in I don't know how long when I have kids with me. Simple Pleasures.

Great Expectations: While we were there we had the pleasure of looking at Sam and Kristies registry, and some of their Safari stuff! How exciting for them, it is such a fun thing the first go round (not that it's not fun the other times too)! I am really looking forward to the big party coming up soon, so count me in Joyce!

After Target we went to pick Quinn up from school. When we got there the kids were all on a leprachaun hunt on the play ground. It was fun to watch and even more fun when I got out of the car. Quinn came running up to me and said, "WE FOUND GOLD!" and promptly told me he was going to share with all of his friends. When they got back in the classroom the teacher handed out everyones share of the gold (Chocolate Gold Coins and spray painted rocks). After this Quinn proceeds to shout to me and everyone who could hear him, " Now I have money! I have a thousand dollars, I can buy my four wheeler now!!" This is the four wheeler at Cabelas we told him he would REALLY have to save his money for a long time for because it costs $1000+. Great Expectations. When the teacher proceeded to tell the class that the leprachaun had played another trick on them and that they were chocolate, you should have seen his face! But that didn't stop him, he kept right on believing it WAS in fact gold and that he could be on his way to buying something grand.

It wasn't until later in the evening that he actually figured out that the teacher was right, when Avery ate a fifth of his stash. Luckily he seemed just as happy that he'd get to eat some of it for dessert. Simple pleasures!

2 comments:

Pam said...

It reminds me of Sunday when Quinn came running out of the car with the "chain saw" he got for Christmas, all excited about helping Grampy cut down trees. Grampy was at his Dad's doing chores so I told Quinn he could get started. He tried cutting down the big maple next to the garage and then slumped back to me with drooping shoulders, "It duthn't work!"

Mrs. Patterson said...

Make sure Quinn has a hardcopy of this story, it's a treasure.