Friday, April 14, 2006

A Good Friday

The whole family woke up this morning to the roar (and I do mean roar... it actually shook the house) of thunder. I thought it was a very fitting way to wake up on Good Friday. It immediately made me think of what the sky must have sounded like on the first Good Friday. The weather for the rest of the day on the other hand kind of reminded me of what is to come on Sunday, beautiful!
We had a nice time at the crosswalk at church, we walked and sang through the parking lot, out the yard in the back and through the woods to the creek. It was very nice and the kids were SO much better at it this year. Quinn and Ella held hands just about the entire way there, and Avery walked holding either Grammys or my hand. This is better, even when Quinn tried to throw sticks in the stream, than last year, because last year, Q and E were all over the place and we had to push the double strollers through the grass with Avery and Kaleigh and Sophia in them. Progress. I was going to take a picture of the cross that is erected in the woods, but I didn't get to it. Maybe tomorrow I will go and do it and post it.
Hope you all have a blessed and beautiful Easter! and to quote Dad and Andy... it's Friday... but Sunday's a comin'!

1 comment:

Mrs. Patterson said...

Sunday is here.