Sunday, September 09, 2007

Fishers of Men




"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."
This was a fitting theme for the weekend I think. Saturday was spent participating in the fair parade, by riding the Sunday School wagon for church. All the Schroeder grandkids got a chance to ride to town behind Grampy in the Christ Our King "Come grow with us" Mum mobile. There was a fair showing of Sunday schoolers along for the parade, and a fair number of preschoolers walking ahead of them for the co-op showing in the annual Fair parade. Avery and I were in the parade twice as we backtracked after finishing the route with the preschool to join the wagon.

Today was sign up day for Sunday school and many other service opportunities at church. It was quite a neat set up as they had all of the available ministries set up with booths for people to sign up, or learn more about. It looked to be pretty successful. After church it was off to the G.O.L.F league picnic. We ate lunch and Quinn and Scott got some fishing in at the pond they had on the property. Quinn had found his tape measure last night and when he heard we were fishing today he HAD to bring it along so that he could measure his fish. He did just that for every fish he caught (I think he caught about 10 or so) the largest was 9", and when he was looking at these pictures on the computer he said, "my fish was THIS big (motioning with his hands), bigger than that in the picture" when I enlarged the picture he said, "oh, it wasn't THAT big!" Measuring up...something to say for perspective.

4 comments:

Mrs. Patterson said...

Once again, you make me feel like I was there. Your pictures are fantastic.

Pam said...

Wow! You must have stayed awhile after we left in order to catch 10 fish--either that or he's a master fisherboy!

Unknown said...

Uncle Mark is impressed with the catch of the day

andrew! said...

Quinn's gonna be tall...