Tomorrow I am headed to Lake Orion to what is becoming an annual Scrapbooking event with Sabrina and friends. I am excited to go, but not excited to get up before the crack of dawn to get there by 9am. That and I am not at all organized about it this year. In fact I didn't even print many of the pictures that I want to use. I thought I could upload them to CVS and have them printed and ready for Scott to pick up on his way home from hockey tonight, and I called to make sure they'd be done and the girl told me they wouldn't be ready until after 10am tomorrow. I guess I'll have to put plan B into place which is... print pictures with my mini printer, or wait until after 10 to leave. Right now I'm thinking I'll go with the mini printer, but the cold of the morning may change my mind. I have so many pictures I don't even print them out anymore unless I go to one of these events... maybe I should start printing ahead of time. Oh well.
In other news, Quinn is very excited to be working on his valentines for his class already. He was so excited in fact that he came home from school and wanted to know if we could go to the store to get some and I told him that maybe he should think about doing some chores to earn some money to buy them. (Can you tell I watched Oprah today too?) He agreed and quickly ran upstairs to clean his room, and his sisters room, and after that wanted to know if he could vacum the family room, so I said why not, and he actually did a half way decent job. All of this child labor earned him $4.00 (enough for the valentines and a litlle left over for some stickers). We went to Hallmark and he made his purchases, got his change and decided (after realizing there wasn't much to buy with 75 cents) that he would save that money for next time. We got home and he went straight to work, writing out names and taping on "addresses" (they hand out tags with everyones name and picture on them and then they have a mailbox in the class for each kid). He doesn't have them done yet, but he got a good start on them. I am glad because I will have to repeat the process with Avery soon as well.
I guess that is enough rambling from me, have a good weekend all!
3 comments:
Have a great time crapbooking. They should be able to print them out from your blog at the seminar.
I remember last year I helped Quinn with valentines - as a year gone by? Do you remember how Oma use to make heart people - that might be fun to show the troops!
I'm not sure how many pictures you have, but you can always take your memory stick/CD/memory card/etc. to CVS and pop it in the DIY machine. Hit 'print all' and give it 20 minutes to print them for you. Same as sending them in I suppose, if you can spare a few minutes. That's what I usually do, except last time I printed 246 pictures on a relatively lifeless machine. 3.5 hours at Target, UGH! :) Hope you had a fun weekend!
Post a Comment