Monday, February 11, 2008

Another Busy Day



It was yet another busy day around the McClelland household. Scott left early this morning for work and a trip to Tennessee for a conference in the morning. The kids were up and at 'em early too, and tired of eating cereal everyday. Quinn commented this morning, "Mom we eat cereal every day! Why not pancakes?" Not today, too busy. We worked on some homework after breakfast, started thinking about what 100 things Quinn would take to school on Wed. (the 100th day of school), and finished getting ready for the rest of the day. Kaleigh packed up her bag for her trip to GG's this afternoon. I helped out in Averys class, so GG was kind enough to have Kaleigh over for a visit while we were gone. I think they had a good time, they went for ice cream and rootbeer floats, visited with some friends, and even got some nice presents from some of them! They colored, and were starting to work a puzzle when I got there to pick her up. I don't know about GG, but I know Kaleigh had a good time, she made it a special point to tell her dad on the phone tonight, "I go to GG's house today!" You know it's a good time if she remembers to tell her dad something on the phone! Avery had fun at school but she is anxious to have her time at GG's too, I think the mention of ice cream put her over the top on that one. After getting home from school it was hurry up and straigten the house before my friend Marcy came over to watch the kids while I went to work. Quinn was excited to have his friend Spencer (Marcy's son) over and they even got to all go and watch part of his karate practice. Thanks Marcy! That was the day, busy as usual. The picture above is a random one, actually from about 1 year ago to the day. I need to start using my camera more often again.

1 comment:

Pam said...

I'm glad the kids had a great day. I'm sorry that I couldn't watch them for you yesterday, but as it turns out, it's probably better that I didn't--I was feeling lousy again. I went to bed at 8:30 and I'm feeling much better today.