Monday, May 05, 2008

Time for Tulips



We decided to head for Holland before heading home from the wedding festivities. I really wanted to see the tulips and Scott was agreeable to it, so away we went. We first stopped at a tulip farm with bison, but decided not to go in as it was mighty crowded and it didn't look like they had that many tulip fields. From there we headed into downtown and Windmill Island. The kids were so excited to see the real windmill, and generally had a good time running through the fields of flowers. Quinn especially liked the Native American re-enactments, although he wasn't too sure about the actors. Kaleigh and Avery liked the carousel the best. I was personally amazed about the amount of Indian and Chinese people there were there. At first we thought it might be just because there was a group of them at one stop, but everywhere we went they were the majority. Can someone explain?... I just thought it very interesting (notice the hari-krishna in the background of the picture with Scott and Kaleigh). Anyway, it was a fun day and a great end to a great weekend! Thanks Andy and Christie!!! Hope you have a blast in Hawaii!!

3 comments:

Pam said...

Did they tiptoe through them?

Amy said...

Bryan & I noticed that, too, as we were driving by one of the shopping centers. Not so much the Indians, but lots of Asians.

Mrs. Patterson said...

we only did the drive by version of the tulip festival and I noticed that most of the people walking the shops were far easterners.