Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Back in the Groove

Ok, so things are getting back into the groove after a weekend with the kids at Grandpa and Grandmas. They had a great time, went to the Saginaw Childrens museum, the pool at Delta College, played and played, had whitefish for dinner (a personal favorite for the kids, especially Quinn). They really had fun, and I think Grandpa and Grandma did too.

When they got back on Sunday, Avery noticed that her tooth was really loose, so after a little more wiggling, a try at grabbing it with string, and finally a tug from Dad and the napkin, we had our first "official" lost tooth. She was still a little nervous about the tooth fairy showing up so we left the tooth on the counter and come morning the tooth fairy had left her a dollar (she's cheap at our house!:) ). She was pretty excited about that, but since Dad is so sarcastic all the time, and complains about how he doesn't have any money, she offered it to him... so he "could have money to buy something". It was pretty funny.

Sunday you heard about the applesauce incident if you read Mom's blog, and here is a picture of the wounded thumb. He is recovering fine, and is liking being able to wear a different Scooby Doo bandaid everyday. Tomorrow he has to share his receipe with his class. It should be interesting to hear what he says. Too bad I can't be a fly on the wall for that.


In other news, Scott is considering a new job in Bronson, MI, keep him in your prayers, it looks to be a little bit better of an opportunity for him, except for the hour plus commute.




4 comments:

Pam said...

I, too, wish I could be there to hear what he has to say. Hopefully, it won't send social services after me ;}.

Emily said...

What does Quinn think about his little sister losing her first tooth before him?

Mrs. Patterson said...

These are the stories I love to hear. I'm glad Scott had more band aids since he repaired my leg.

Christie said...

I'll be praying for Scott that he gets the job! I love that Avery wanted to give the dollar bill to him, what a sweetie!