Well the first week of school has gone by the wayside and everyone is really enjoying their experience so far.
As I picked Quinn up from school the first day of first grade he came saying, "I LIKED IT!" in such a way as to sound like it was a big surprise. The following days resulted in the same, "I STILL LIKED IT!" very enthusiastic about his first week of first grade. Some of the highlights from him were: FrisbieJump (a made up frisbee game that he and Ella played at recess), Math (today), Quest (a science class that they go to once or twice a week), and last but most definitely not least... bringing home a book order! He liked school so much that he ended up going on Thursday while being sick. He told me he had a sore throat when he got up Thurs., and his tonsils did look swollen, but he didn't have a fever, and he was enthusiastic to go so off he went. I didn't hear anything from the teachers but when I picked him up after school he had a temp and it was off to the doctor for them to tell us he had strep throat again. A dose of antibiotic later and he was back in gear. I asked if he wanted to stay home today, but he said no way and I figured the damage was probably already done as far as spreading it... so off he went. What a difference it makes in his attitude if he is enjoying things. I don't think he was ever this excited to go to Kindergarten. I am sure he will have his ups and downs, but the teachers are great and I hope it will be a really productive year.
Avery is liking Kindergarten as well, and although she doesn't have quite as much to say about it, I can tell she is having a good time and getting started on the basics. She got to be the Busy Bee on Thurs. which is kind of like being the helper of the day. She was excited to get a sticker and be at the head of the line. She brought her first homework home tonight and sat right down and got to business. It looks as though the Kindergarten work load will be a little less for her than it was for Quinn last year (they have two very different teachers) but I am hoping she can get alot out of it and enjoy it.
This post is getting mighty long, but finally, Kaleigh and I have been having fun hanging out in the afternoons, even though we haven't done too much. We cleaned a little (she has taken to liking holding the dust pan lately), and we ran some errands. Not too much, but it is nice to have some one on one time with her. Ok, this is long enough I think, but I wanted to catch up before I started to forget what the first week of school was like.
2 comments:
I for one appreciated the detailed narrative. book order busy bee dust pan It would be better for teachers if all students used details it makes reading enjoyceable
Yeah for school! Tell Quinn I like it too, even though it is my 27th year.
Post a Comment